Enjoy time with loved ones by taking an extended weekend trip to Morro Bay. And we’ve made your planning easy with this perfect four-day, long weekend itinerary. Start your getaway on Valentine's Day Friday and stay through President's Day on Monday.
Day 1 / Friday / Valentine’s Day –
Kick off a four-day weekend with Valentine’s Day! Come to town on Friday and take advantage of Morro Bay’s Valentine’s Day events and dinner specials. Leisurely arrive, pick up some Valentine’s essentials, and head off to an evening event of your choosing.
Flowers & Chocolates:
Pick up your fresh flowers at the local florist. Make Harbor Floral or Albertson’s Floral Department your first stop. And don’t forget your homemade treats. Kelli’s Candies, Embarcadero Fudge, and Crills Saltwater Taffy are all sure to make the end of your evening sweet.
Stop by your accommodation to drop off the bags and get a lay of the land. Morro Bay has many rentals to choose from. Staying at a Vacation Rental sets you up for the perfect night in. Cook or order food, turn on a movie, and snuggle up on the couch. Or consider a hotel room as many of the local hotels are offering deals and specials for Valentine’s Day!
Savings and Romance Packages:
- Ascot Inn – Book 2 nights anytime between February 14th – 16th and receive a complimentary bottle of wine and a box of chocolates to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
- Bayfront Inn – Book direct and receive 15% off per night when you stay Friday 2/14 and Saturday 2/15 in addition to complimentary wine and truffles.
- Beach Bungalow Inn & Suites – Book direct for 2 nights or more and receive breakfast in bed PLUS sparkling wine and cheese.
- Estero Inn – Stay over Valentine’s and receive a complimentary bottle of champagne upon arrival as well as breakfast for two! Or stay two nights with the Stay & Play Package and receive an additional one-hour tandem kayak rental right at the Inn.
- La Serena – Book you room and add a romance package which including flowers, chocolates and a bottle of sparkling apple cider (non-alcoholic).
- Masterpiece Hotel – Add the deluxe romance package, which includes a bottle of wine, roses, and a cheese platter, to your stay when you book direct.
Dinner with a view. Morro Rock is the perfect backdrop to a romantic and delicious meal. Port House, Window’s on the Water, and 60 State Park Restaurant all offer special Valentine’s Day menus. Enjoy three or four courses of amazing dishes inspired by local ingredients and paired with regional wines. Be sure to call ahead to make your reservations!
Art, Drinks, & Live Music:
Art Walk Friday | 5 – 8 pm
Head to the galleries for Art Walk Friday along the Embarcadero. Start at the Gallery at Marina Square for the “Layers of Love” art exhibit and opening reception. Meet many talented local artists and enjoy refreshments and music by participating locations.
Bay Love | 6:30 – 9:30 pm
For a traditional Valentine’s Day night, enjoy fabulous chocolate and wine pairings to songs about love at The Savory Palette.
Valentine’s Night Show with Bobby Santa Cruz and Friends | 8:30 – 11:30 pm
Looking for somewhere to go dancing? Head to The Siren for a FREE show. Dance music and dinner specials will keep you moving all night. For live music all weekend long, grab tickets to the upcoming shows on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday!
Day 2 / Saturday –
Settle into your weekend getaway with a relaxing full pamper day.
Start with a spa treatment. Keep the romance alive by booking in a couple’s message at Bay Beauty Spa or Blooming Rose Day Spa. Bay Beauty Spa is a hotel full-service day spa located along the Embarcadero. And Blooming Rose is mobile. They will bring the spa experience to you, so you don’t even have to leave the comfort of your room or vacation rental.
Making art is a great way to reduce you’re stress levels. And who can’t benefit from that? Here are three classes that will get that creativity flowing.
- Morro Bay Art Center is hosting a Resin Workshop from 10 am – 12 pm. Create a fun scene out of shells, beach glass, and glitter.
- Creative Me Time will show you how to create Polymer Clay Hearts in honor of Valentine’s Day at the Morro Bay Art Center from 1-3 pm.
- Beads by the Bay also offers a variety of classes every month – be sure to check out their schedule while you're in town.
Kick back with a glass of vino. Morro Bay is located in the mist of multiple wine regions which means there are many excellent local wines to try. Here are five tasting rooms right in Morro Bay all within walking distance of your hotel or accommodation.
- Cheateau Margene
- Cuatro Dias Winery
- Oceano Wines
- STAX Wine Bar & Bistro
- The Savory Palette
Head to the Beach:
Spending time outside and near the ocean can be meditative and restorative. Take some time to head to the beach. Watch The Big, Bad & Ugly a local surf invitational in its 30th year at Morro Rock, take a walk on the 6 miles of continuous sand, and enjoy the sunset from the dunes at Morro Beach.
ProTip: Plan on taking your romantic relationship to the next level? Morro Rock makes the ideal setting for a dream proposal. And we can help with the details to make your engagement perfect.
Day 3 / Sunday –
After a day of rest and relaxation, it’s time for some adventuring! Spend the day on the water with whale watching tours, sailing adventures, electric boat cruises, or paddleboard and kayak rentals. All the water adventure you could hope for can be found in the bay!
Looking for some solitude? Rent a kayak or paddleboard and head to the sandspit where you’ll find some alone time. It's easily accessible right here in the bay, but will feel like you're a world away.
And after a day of activities, extend your romance with restaurant savings throughout Morro Bay. Discounts and deals at the best eateries throughout town is the perfect excuse to try something new – be adventurous!
Day 4 / Monday / President’s Day
Stay through the holiday weekend and make the most of Monday in Morro Bay. Wake up, grab a coffee or tea, and head for a quick hike up Black Hill. This peak reveals sweeping views of Morro Rock, Morro Bay National Estuary, and the surrounding hills. The perfect last look before heading home. After your morning hike head back to your accommodation to check out and spend some time exploring the boutique shops as you slowly make your way out of town. You’re sure to find a treasure or two as a remembrance of your perfect long weekend in Morro Bay.