COVID-19 Travel Updates
As of April 28, 2021 San Luis Obispo County returned to the Orange Tier. As Morro Bay begins to reopen for travelers safe and responsibly, we continue to advise travelers to contact businesses for the most up-to-date hours, safety protocols and modifications.
For residents and essential travelers, please:
- Wear a Mask
- Face coverings are required for both indoor and outdoor activities. To view the CDC Guide to Masks click HERE.
- Wash Your Hands Frequently
- Practice Social Distancing
- Strive to maintain a six foot distance from others at all times, even in outdoor spaces like trails, beaches, parks, etc.
- Stay Home If You Feel Sick
- Avoid Gatherings Of Any Kind
What's Open Indoors With Modifications?
- Hotels and Lodging
- Hotels, vacation rentals and RV parks are open at this time. Please contact hotels directly for policy and status updates.
- Restaurants are now allowed to offer limited indoor dining at 50% capacity or 200 people maximum; however many restaurants are continuing to offer outdoor dining accommodations, take-out and curb-side pick-up. Please contact restaurants specifically for more information on their current accommodations. Your continued support to our local restaurants is greatly appreciated during these challenging times!
- Under the Orange Tier, retail stores may operate at full capacity with safety guidelines in place.
- Gyms and Fitness Centers
- Allowed to operate indoors at max 25% capacity.
- Personal Care Services
- Allowed to operate indoors with modifications. This includes hair salons, barbershops, skin care services, nail services, body art professionals, tattoo parlors, piercing shops, massage services, etc.
- Museums, Zoos and Aquariums
- Indoor activities may operate at max 50% capacity.
- Worship Services (Including Wedding Ceremonies and Funerals)
- May operate at 50% capacity indoors.
What's Open Outdoors With Modifications?
- Beaches and State Parks
- At this time beaches and state parks are open to the public. This includes Morro Bay State Park, Morro Strand State Beach and Montaña de Oro State Park. For more information about California State Parks click HERE.
- Campgrounds and RV Parks
- For more information please contact businesses directly or visit the California Department of Parks and Recreation HERE.
- Bars, Breweries and Distilleries
- Wineries and Tasting Rooms
- In addition to outdoor operations, these businesses can now operate indoors at 25% capacity or 100 people indoors.
- Golf Courses
- Drive-in Movie Theaters
- Family entertainment centers
- This includes kart racing, mini golf, batting cages, etc.
- Playgrounds and Outdoor Recreation Facilities (Including Campgrounds and RV Parks)
Need More Information?
We know the conditions surrounding COVID-19 are continuously changing, but for the most up to date information please visit these resources:
- Local Updates
- National and State Updates