Every December, Morro Bay ignites the town with celebration to bring in the new year. With a two new bars in town, many renovated restaurants, and timeless seafood dishes from our tried-and-true spots, we’re expecting the end of 2017 to be cherished for years to come.
There are many ways to celebrate: enjoy an afternoon hike, catch a wave, or explore the bay by kayak. However, you’re also invited to attend some of our annual New Year celebrations on December 31st. Take a look at some of our favorites below:
- Windows on the Water: Find an evening of elegance and relaxation to ring in the New Year at Windows on the Water. The floor-length window panes create a perfect vantage point to enjoy the last sunset of 2017. They will be hosting a New Years celebration with live music, a dance floor, party favors and a free glass of champagne. Call (805) 772-0677 to make your reservation. Book now, as this is a popular event!
- Giovanni’s Fish Market: All December long, Giovanni’s Fish Market is offering a FREE 8oz lobster tail with the purchase of $75 or more. Host your most popular New Years party yet with a selection of fresh fish unloaded off the docks in Morro Bay. They offer overnight shipping anywhere in the United States. Visit www.giovannisfishmarket.com to place your order.
- The Galley: A true hidden treasure, The Galley is cherished by many locals and newcomers as one of the finest seafood experiences in the area. The full bar features classic drinks and modern favorites, and a fine selection of after-dinner drinks including vintage port, Cognac and Armagnac. Enjoy a special menu for this evening along with regular menu items available. Call (805) 772-7777
- The Siren: Ring in the New Year with the Siren family for our Vintage Hollywood NYE Bash with Sacramento’s favorite new soul/blues/jazz band, The Gold Souls. Additional music supplied by the central coast’s very own Lauren Riffle Band. Dress in your best vintage, 30’s -50’s Hollywood red carpet attire and dance the night away! Entry includes a complimentary champagne toast at midnight and the chance to take your picture on our red carpet photo wall. As always, NYE proceeds will benefit the brave men and women of Morro Bay’s first responder teams! Tickets won’t last long so get yours now at Boo Boo Records in San Luis Obispo, on Ticketfly.com or at the door. Call 805-772-8478 for more information about this event.
- Inn at Morro Bay: Whether or not you’re a guest at the hotel, the Inn at Morro Bay invites all to come celebrate at their restaurant 60 State Park. They will be serving a special fixed menu for the evening consisting of prime rib, grilled salmon, apple cobbler and bubbly champagne. Live music, noisemakers and the big count-down will also help welcome in the new year. Reservations are required. Call (805) 772-5651 to secure your table.
- Onboard Nautical Events: Celebrate 2018 cruising the ocean waters on the Papagallo II, the 72-foot luxury cruise yacht. They will be hosting an East Coast New Year’s Eve Party on the yacht from 7pm to 9:30pm. They will return again in the morning for a “Bloody Marys on the Bay” New Years Day cruise from 11am to 2 pm. For more information, call 805-771-9916.