Thank your lucky clovers for summoning your newest tradition for the day of green. Come enjoy a pre-Patrick’s Day party as Morro Bay is hosting the first-annual Leprechaun Crawl. Participating leprechauns will enjoy the beautiful backdrop of the bay and Morro Rock as they crawl through the Embarcadero and downtown, getting their liquid fix from our treasured restaurants, bars and pubs. This is the best way to celebrate and save your gold, as one ticket will grant you tastings and treats from all over town.
Morro Bay will be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day all weekend long with Irish-themed events for all those Irish at heart. Whether you are into whiskey or wine, there are several places to party throughout town. Here are some of our favorite things to do on St. Patty’s Day:
Friday, March 16, 2018: Check into your hotel room and get your crawl on! (Find your hotel room HERE).
Here is everything you need to know about the Leprechaun Crawl:
- Friday, March 16, 2018 (the day before St. Patty’s Day). Check-in time is from 6pm-8pm.
- Tickets can be purchased HERE for $15, or at the Morro Bay Visitor Center (695 Harbor Street). Ticket price at check-in is $20.
- All participants must dress like a leprechaun or with Irish flair!
- Start at The Siren to check in. You will receive a special glass and a wristband that will be your admission to the crawl.
- Upon check in, participants will receive a “passport” that will guide them through the crawl. Participants will go to each location on the passport for a taste of wine, whiskey or beer (and some tasty treats).
- All participants must show valid ID at check-in.
- Proceeds benefit Friends of the Morro Bay Harbor Department to build a new viewing dock for the seals living in the bay.
Leprechauns who brave the entire crawl will enter their completed “passport” into a drawing for more than $1000 worth in prizes. Meet at Legends Bar at 10pm for the drawing and announcement of winners.
Most hotels are walking distance from the crawl making a perfect place to crash for the evening (or the whole weekend!). There’s no better morning-after than waking up to the sunrise over the bay with a hot breakfast pastry. To find your hotel room, click HERE.
Saturday, March 17, 2018 (St. Patrick’s Day): The party has just begun.
After an evening strolling the Embarcadero, a delicious homemade meal is the perfect way to energize for the next day. The chefs in Morro Bay delight in offering several styles of traditional corned beef and cabbage on this holiday. Ditch the car and enjoy a short walk to one of our cozy breakfast spots, like Kitty’s Kitchen located on Main and Harbor, or Carla’s Country Kitchen which is a block north from the South T-Pier next to STAX. One of the locals’ favorite dishes is Frankie and Lola’s corned beef hash. This mouth-watering breakfast dish comes with a rich corned beef brisket accompanied with two eggs, iron-skillet potatoes and fresh vegetables. For more restaurant options in town, check out our list HERE.
For those looking for an unforgettable adventure on the bay, check out the “Irish Sea Cruise” hosted by Onboard Nautical Events. All aboard the Papagallo II, the premier motor yacht complete with live entertainment and a traditional Irish meal prepared by Chef Len. Enjoy Irish Stout, an Irish-inspired buffet and many other homemade creations. For more information about this cruise, click HERE.
Morro Bay is your oyster for day-long celebration and cheer. The local pubs and breweries are hosting live music, dancing, delicious appetizers and of course all the beer you’d ever want. The Siren, located on Main and Harbor, is hosting live music all day starting at 2:30pm. Feel free to stop by anytime as this is a free event. Click HERE to find out more.